<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.mycuprunnethoverblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Cup Runneth Over: SUPER BOWL PARTY DECOR and FREE FOOTBALL SUBWAY ART

Friday, February 1, 2013

SUPER BOWL PARTY DECOR and FREE FOOTBALL SUBWAY ART

Hey! Hey!  It's that time again.  Yup, time for The Superbowl!  Parties, a great football game, and yes, commercials!!

Even if you are not a football fan, there is a certain draw to the big game of the year.  There is always a party, and really, who doesn't love Superbowl party food?!?! 

Well, I needed a bit of football decor to go with our love of football and thought I would make a simple, inexpensive party decoration for YOU.  Aren't I generous? lol.  

Here it is.. **a super, simple pennant banner**.  It was easy to make and pennants always look great.  
This is what I used for materials: Brown felt, thin white ribbon, turf mat (you can get a big one (5' X 7') at Lowe's for about 18.00.  Mine was left over from my Mom's County Fair party centerpieces), fabric glue and additional ribbon to hang it. 
I cut out triangles from the grass mat using utility scissors.  Regular scissors will not do the job.  I put holes in each corner or the triangles and strung these on the ribbon.

I also just cut felt football shapes out and glued on white ribbon strips for the laces.  It was super simple!  
After I hung it up, I realized that I could also add white stripes down the center of each grass pennant and numbers just like on the field.  I will have to add it for this weekend next year. 
I also added a few grass circles under my window shelf thingy for additional color.  Of course, you could also add in the colors of your team or the two teams that are playing in the big game.  I kept mine neutral just for you.  SPEAKING of the teams in the game.... 

I also changed up my football subway art that I made for my scrumptious hubby to the team colors for San Francisco and Baltimore for you!! Just click on the wording for each below to download.

Here's To Football Subway Art - Ravens  Here's To Football Subway Art - 49ers                              
One last look at the fun party pennants!
I hope you have a fantastic Super Bowl party!!  I can't wait for the game and all the YUMMY snacks!  Please feel free to use the little P on any of the pics to "pin" the images.  I would love to hear from you too.  Add a comment to let me know you stopped by!  

***If you liked the party pennant above be sure to check out my DIY Football Coasters inspired by Pottery Barn!!  
They are super easy and perfect for the big game - click here to check it out! Have a great SUPER BOWL!***
Photobucket





I'm linking up over at:

House of Rose    
52 Mantels
The Shabby Nest
Lil'Luna - Link Party Palooza
Reasons to Skip the Housework

5 Comments:

At February 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it...the best ever..thank you for sharing, the Mom

 
At September 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Stephanie @ Tailgatequeen said...

So cute!!! that spread is awesome!


Steph
Tailgate Queen - game day dresses

 
At September 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Cheryl @ My Cup Runneth Over said...

Thanks Stephanie!

 
At January 27, 2014 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the way you displayed the window box!

 
At May 7, 2015 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely fantastic!!! Bravo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home